Table of Contents
SME File Fabric v1803 Release Notes
last updated November 21, 2018
This release supports the detection, classification and notification of personally identifiable information (PII) and other sensitive data in documents across all data sources. PII rules can be enabled to identify sensitive data contained in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Text, PDFs and other files. Note: This capability is an add-on to the core platform. See documentation at PII Scanning and Detection.
Download My Personal Data
End users can now view and download personal data that the system has stored supporting regulatory requirements for user’s “Right of Access”. This includes contact information, storage systems connected, applications used including IP addresses and policies accepted.
Audit Log Streaming
The user audit logs can now be easily streamed, through custom plugins, to third-party platforms for storage and analysis.
Click-Through Policy Acceptance
There is now more control over when a user must accept and re-accept site use agreements. Upon login, users can be required to accept policies they haven’t already accepted, their acceptance has expired, or the policies have changed.
Acceptance can also be set to be required before the API can be used, including FTP and CloudDAV. Support is also improved for imported and auto-provisioned users who have not self-registered.
Additional Region Support
Zoho Editor's EU service can now be integrated with the appliance for online editing. Previously only the US service was supported.
Support for the new AWS EU Paris region has been added.
- [SME-3694] - Compatibility improvements to the Look and Feel screen have been made for IE 11.
- [SME-3698, SME-3716] - Improvements have been made for support of S3 Server Side Encryption for Amazon S3 and S3-compatible clouds.
- [SME-3722, SME-3724] - The PDF Previewer has been updated including improved support for less popular browsers.
- [SME-3730] - Actions by anonymous users in folders shared by a URL will now be recorded against the “Unknown User” in the audit log. These used to be recorded against the user who created the folder.
- [SME-3745] - Added support for updating the OAuth tokens for Backup Provider Clouds.
- [SME-3752, SME-3753] - Improved support for UTF-8 characters in the API and CloudFTP.
- [SME-3774] - Improved help messages for appliance branding.
- [SME-3777, SME-3836] - Improved performance of long running database queries.
- [SME-3785] - Improved error handling with OpenStack-based clouds.
- [SME-3871] - Improved detection of lock files through the CIFS connector.
- [SME-3808] - FS (Filesystem) provider performance improvements.
- [SME-3848] - HTML Bookmark files created through SME can now be previewed and opened within the browser.
- [SME-3858] - All Audit Log types are now enabled for logging by default.
- [SME-3604] - The file download API now provides an indicator that reports whether performing a range read of this file would be optimal.
- [SME-3872] - Performance improvements have been made to the loading of Shared Team Folders where large volumes of files are in the root.
- [SME-3790] - Improved logging on email backup failures.
- [SME-3616] - Viewing the list of files shared via business groups could fail if the user did not belong to any business groups. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3646] - The Share By URL 'Copy' button would only copy the top link under certain browser conditions. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3692] - When updating organisation policies the audit logs would incorrectly show that the email template was changed. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3693] - Renaming of 5GB+ files on OpenS3 based connectors where S3 Server Side Encryption is used could fail. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3698] - MPU uploads using S3 Server Side Encryption could appear to stall. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3699] - An error could have been generated if Appliance Admins use the delete user APIs and the user has an active API session. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3736] - FileBox could generate an error if the connection to the IMAP server timed out. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3784] - Using the Email Backup functionality with Amazon Cloud Drive was not possible. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3792] - Custom widgets would not be saved correctly from the Organisation Policies screen under certain conditions. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3818] - Some S3 compatible clouds would not recognise the “next marker” when performing object listing, which would result in fewer objects being shown inside SME. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3823, SME-3831] - Timeouts could have been seen when handling a file that was uploaded with many small SME chunks. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3853, SME-3856] Adding an OAuth provider would very rarely result in a message “You can add a provider in a second”. The issue causing this has been resolved.
- [SME-3889] - Duplicate Backup Providers could be added for the same Primary Provider where this should not have been possible. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3776] - If the provider had a folder in the root that matched the name of the Provider itself, this would appear in the file manager at the top level. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3786] - Renaming of files on object storage that are in Trash would result in a filename with the users extension. No data was at risk. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3788] - The getOrganizationStaff, getFullFileInfo and getProviderInformation API endpoint have been updated.
- [SME-3824] - Uploads that were attempted to a folder whilst it was being moved would result in files being placed in the original location in the file tree. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3697] - The getOrgUsersPermissions API endpoint could return invalid XML. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3765] - Under very specific circumstances, folders in one bucket could appear in another bucket if they're mapped under a single provider.
- [SME-3841] - Providers that did not have zero-byte markers for folders could cause issues on upload. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3801] - On low-latency, high speed object storage systems, a synchronisation process could exhaust the process memory too quickly. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3901] - The OpenStack Swift Backup Provider does not expose DLO options.
- [SME-3900] - When signing into your OneDrive For Business account, you may be prompted from Microsoft to always save your credentials. If you initially choose Yes/No, and then change your mind, you are taken to a blank page. The provider is still added.
- [SME-3899] - Through the Appliance Admin, some Email Templates cannot be tested.
- [SME-3615] - The Web File Manager does not correctly handle the case where the default bucket is not found during a Cloud Refresh.
- [SME-3893] - The SFTP connector does not show folders named “0”
- [SME-3799] - Changing the default provider for an org user is not possible.
- [SME-3268] - In some cases image previews of files restored from trash are not displayed. A browser refresh solves this.
- [SME-3897] - LDAP group membership is not updated when you obtain an classic API token.
- [SME-3874] - The Comments panel on the Info pane under specific circumstances does not render correctly on mobile devices.
Service Pack 1803.02 Released June 2018
- [SME-4020] - The option to request approval of files was not available from the File Manager context menu. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3944] - If credentials for a provider were changed/revoked, attempting to view the providers information would result in many browser redirects. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3955] - The SAML user import feature incorrectly assigned the same remote ID to each user it tried to import during a single operation, preventing all but the first from being imported successfully. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3959] - When a user with a role that allowed viewing the Audit Logs navigated to the Audit Logs page, an error resulted. This has been resolved.
- [SME-4028] - Some uploaded files could not be scanned by the anti-virus feature. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3541] - Errors sometimes resulted when a bucket containing many files or folders was removed from the list of buckets managed by an object storage provider. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3967] - Performance improvements have been made when copying files from the File System provider.
- [SME-4000] - Uploading large files using M-Stream to OpenStack Swift providers for storage as DLOs sometimes failed. This has been resolved.
- [SME-3962] - In some cases the authorisations associated with a role were not conferred on users to whom the role had been assigned. This has been resolved.
- [SME-4065] - When working in Real Time mode with an un-synced provider, sub folders would not appear on first viewing, but would appear on subsequent refreshes. This has been resolved.
Service Pack 1803.03 Released July 2018
- [SME-4070] - M-Stream - The logging, verification and retries of S3 MPU parts, and Swift DLO parts has been enhanced to catch, detect and resolve infrequent errors related to network connection drop-outs which would impact very large file uploads.
- [SME-4070, SME-4106] - M-Stream - Non-blocking sockets are now used when connecting to S3 and OpenStack Swift based providers.
- [SME-4060] - Under certain conditions, an error could occur when you perform an upload with over 32 chunks (SME Chunking) and the SSL Versions is unspecified inside your config.inc.php file. This has been resolved
- [SME-4124] - Non alphanumeric characters could not be searched for with Deep Content Search. This has been resolved.
- [SME-4098] - Improvements have been made to the Provider Sync operation to better handle OS level interrupts.
- [SME-4129] - Due to a recent change in Zoho's API, the Test connection button via the Appladmin interface reported that a valid Zoho API key was invalid. This has been resolved.
Service Pack 1803.04 Released August 2018
- [SME-3685, SME-4171, SME-4163] - In some cases parts of cancelled copy or move operations continued to run or cancelled operations were re-started when a subsequent operation of the same type was initiated. These cases have been resolved.
- [SME-4170] - Upload operations using HTTP were sometimes unstable. This has been resolved.
Service Pack 1803.05 Released October 2018
- [SME-4225, SME-4288] - Improvements to Organisation level branding including placement of SAML login buttons
- [SME-4238] - Shared will be deactivated when the file is moved to trash.
- [SME-4260] - Improvements have been made to Email Backup's handling of larger sized emails
- [SME-4291, SME-4296] - Improvements have been made to the experience when you have users with the delegated Administrator permission.
- [SME-4270] - Under certain conditions a copy task could continue to run after it has been cancelled. This has been resolved.
- [SME-4267] - Internal improvements have been made to the storage of Authentication system credentials
- [SME-4245, SME-4248] - Minor Google Cloud improvements.
Service Pack 1803.06
Released November 2018
- [SME-4304] - Download speed improved for files encrypted with org. encryption.
Service Pack 1803.07
Released November 2018
- [SME-4350] - Versions that should have been removed when the version count was reduced and the permanent deletion option was selected were instead moved to Trash. This has been corrected.
- [SME-4349] - Users who had been given permission to access Shared Team Folders on private clouds were unable to access those folders. This has been corrected.
- [SME-4343] - The PDF annotation tool did not work properly in the Edge browser. This has been corrected.
- [SME-4342] - An error message was displayed in the browser's console when a folder in Trash was destroyed immediately after it had been browsed. This has been corrected.
- [SME-4330] - Some features such as PDF Viewer did not work properly with large encrypted files. This has been corrected.
- [SME-4325] - Org. encryption phrases longer than 60 bytes were truncated. This has been corrected. Users are advised to use encryption phrases made up only of simple ASCII characters (not extended ASCII or any other character set) and not more than 60 characters in length.