File Fabric Appliance Patching Best Practices
Last updated on June 13, 2019
- Prior to patching a production system, customers who have a test systems can apply the patch there to resolve any questions they have about the patch.
- Patches should be applied to production systems during a service window.
- A backup of the File Fabric appliance should be made during the service window and prior to applying the patch.
- If the database is external to the appliance then the database should also be backed up.
- A confidence test of the patched system should be conducted within the service window.
- If the confidence test exposes an issue and a rollback is required, the appliance backup should be restored.
- If the database is external, the database backup should be restored.