FileBox is a way to for users to add emails and attachments to a nominated storage cloud just by CC''ing or Bcc'ing an email to a unique File Fabric FileBox address.
- Hosted SaaS
- Hosted IaaS
- Enterprise on-premises File Fabric
1 Filebox: Instantly sharing files to folders from email
Filebox works as follows:
- All users have a Filebox setting in their Dashboard page.
- Each FileBox address requires a unique keyword. You can use the default or assign your own keyword to the filebox@StorageMadeEasy.com / filebox@yourEFFdomain.com email address so that the end email address become filebox.<keyword>@storagemadeeasy.com / filebox.<keyword>@yourEFFdomain.com.
- This keyword becomes a unique address to send or forward an email. All emails that are received to this address that are sent from your registered File Fabric email address will be added to a smart folder called “My FileBox”
- You can configure whether just to store emails or emails and attachments.
- Within the Filebox folder the subject line of the email will become a folder name. The email, will be stored as a text file, with any attachments if this is the configuration you chose.
**Note** You must send the emails from the email address that you registered with File Fabric for the emails to be picked up** (if you want to add more email addresses you can do this from Cloud Add-In's)
**Note** FileBox emails are processed every 5 minutes so it may take 5 to 10 minutes for the email to appear in your FileBox
2 FileBox for Team users
Each shared folder that is created as part of a Cloud File Server also has a unique email address.
The administrator of the Cloud File Server needs to assign the FileBox unique names and distribute them to users.
** Please also this blog post on the FileBox feature.