Table of Contents
Nasuni Access Anywhere for Windows Release Notes
These are the release notes for Nasuni Access Anywhere for Windows
Last updated on Aug 4, 2023
- WT-238 - Cloud Apps Packager - More than one drive letter can now be added as the root folder
- WT-224 / WT-223 - Cloud Apps Packager - allow A and B drive letters
- WT-236 - Cloud Edit - Improved handling of API token keep-alive.
- WT-234 - Cloud Drive - Installer adjustments for clarity in dependency installations.
- WT-233 - Cloud Sync - Updated Sync Information on file removal.
- WT-229 - Direct Upload support has now been removed.
- WT-228 - Cloud Explorer - Send by Fax removed.
- WT-227 / WT-226 / WT-225 - Cloud Drive and Cloud Explorer - Public Files removed
- WT-235 / WT-232 / WT-231 / WT-230 / WT-212 - Cloud Drive and Cloud Explorer - Consistency on Cloud Drive searching.
- WT-222 - Cloud Drive - Allow Cloud Drive add-in for Microsoft Office to be disabled in packages.
- WT-221 - Cloud Drive - Allow Cloud Drive add-in for Microsoft Office to be disabled in regular setups
- WT-211 - Installer - post-setup configuration is now optional.
- WT-210 - Login - Suppressed extraneous Internet Explorer messages when loading the authentication window
- WT-200 - Cloud Drive - Included the .ldb file extension to the default upload exclusion list
- Numerous other performance improvements and bug fixes.
New Features and Updates
You can now open and co-author documents with your colleagues directly from the Cloud Drive.
- WT-174: Cloud Drive - added support for online editing with Microsoft 365 through the Cloud Actions context menu.
A number of enhancements have been made to improve how the Cloud Drive works with Autodesk Revit.
- WT-188: The UNC path created for the mapped Cloud Drive is now the same for all users (\\Cloud\Nasuni).
- WT-186: Files with an RVT extension can now be locked or unlocked via the Cloud Actions context menu.
- WT-185: Revit project files (files with an RVT extension) can now be saved as often as required.
- WT-187: The apps now use higher resolution application icons.
- WT-184: Cloud Edit - Upload progress is now shown through a window in the bottom righthand corner of the screen.
- WT-196: The size of the login window has been increased.
- WT-188: The UNC path created for the mapped Cloud Drive is now the same for all users (\\Cloud\Nasuni).
End of Life Features and Recently Unsupported Items
- WT-194: Cloud Drive - removed the “Send by fax” Cloud Actions context menu entry.
- Cloud Explorer: The ability to edit documents via Zoho editor will be removed in a future release.
- WT-183: Cloud Edit - In some cases saving open files too often could lead to a corrupted upload.
- WT-191: Cloud Drive - Resolved an issue where folders were not showing new items synced from a real-time refresh.
- WT-189: Ensure the sign in window is shown using IE 11 Edge mode.
- After a Silent Install Cloud Drive and Cloud Sync were not being launched (WT-182)
- Disabled cloud recycle bin notification removed (WT-181).
- Notification given when the system needs to be restarted following a successful installation (WT-180).
- Improvements made in order to not close applications in silent mode (WT-179).
- The elevated installer (run from an elevated session) can now restart the user's non-elevated Windows Explorer (WT-178).
- End-user license agreement updated (WT-175).
- Added auto-lock and auto-unlock of Autodesk DWG files (WT-172).
- Added .ac$ and .bak file extensions (Autodesk temporary and backup files) to the default upload exclusion list.
- Now some extensions in the default upload exclusion list are unconditionally excluded.
- Improved Autodesk saving workflow (WT-172).
- Preventing user from overriding the admin settings for drive mappings (WT-170).
- Resolved the issue of users not able to change the Drive letter from settings (WT-170).
- Now when run, Cloud Drive is set to start with Windows, unless the “Start with Windows” option is turned off.
- Replaced an incorrect icon for login entry in the dashboard, when user is not signed in.
- Applications branded with Nasuni logos.
- Updated installer logos with Nasuni icons.
- Resolved the issue causing drive root folder to load the contents of the cloud root, instead of the mapped folder.
- Added checks for item being favorite, before removing it from or adding it to favorites
- Increased the width of the toolbar buttons, in order to adjust for larger resolutions
- Include Cloud Control Panel by default when Cloud Drive and Cloud Explorer are included
- No longer perform folder refresh when searching from Windows Explorer
- Folders are now deleted in a single operation instead of each item in the folder being deleted individually.
- Resolved the issue where creating new Excel file in Windows Explorer caused a file size mismatch when the OS renamed the temp file to the final file name.
- If the EFF Apps cannot connect to the server then the number of attempts to connect are limited to 3 with 3 seconds delay, in order to resolve hanging of the drive after long period of inactivity.
- Resolved the issue of newly created Excel file not opening while being uploaded.
- Resolved the issue of file not existing after trying to rename a newly created Excel file while uploading it.
- Resolved the issue of hanging when renaming a newly created Excel file.
- Removed the tray notification when an upload error is caused by a file not existing (e .g., when file is renamed or moved).
- Improved the behaviour of the uploader by proceeding with the next item(s) in the upload queue when a file that has been queued for upload cannot be uploaded because it no longer exists.
- Prevent parent folder refresh after uploading a file. This allows user to rename a file while the upload is in progress.
- Resolved the issue of Cloud Drive hanging when machine is put to sleep.
- Improved the wording of the warning message for folder renames and moves from “can be expensive” to “could take some time to complete”.
- No attempt is made to lock read-only files.
- For read-only files there is no option to “Lock” or “Unlock” in context menu.
- Added automatic file locking for RIVERMorph files (.rmp file extension).
- Added upload exclusion for AutoCAD “acad.dce” files.
- Now the generated packages could be signed.
- When real time refresh is enabled for the Org account, and a folder is accessed in Windows Cloud Drive, now the folder contents continue to get updated with the latest information, even if the user leaves the folder.
- The EFF App detects when a folder is browsed from the Windows File Dialog, and the contents of the folder are updated if needed.
- Resolved the issue with saving files to the drive from Chromium-based browsers.
- Now the drive displays the folder's last known contents while the folder refresh is being performed in the background to improve the user experience. (When real-time refresh is enabled).
- Improved the performance when a file is checked for existence, by eliminating repeated calls for checkPathExists.
- Added .dbl and .dwl2 file extensions (Autodesk transient lock files) to the default upload exclusion list.
- To improve performance, when folder refresh is invoked the retrieve folder contents is done in the background,
- To improve performance, when folder refresh is invoked the retrieve folder contents is done in the background
- Resolved issue of Windows Explorer not restarting after installation of the EFF apps, on standard user account
- Provided option of “Enable Cloud Drive” on install
- Provided option to “Launch Cloud Explorer” on install
- Avoid Windows restart where possible, in order for setup to do all actions needing elevation, while it's elevated
- Removed the embedded media player, as Adobe Shockwave is not anymore shipped with Windows
- Lock Microsoft Office/OpenOffice/LibreOffice files, when opening from Cloud Explorer
- Made Open & Lock context menu entry as default, for Microsoft Office/OpenOffice/LibreOffice files
- Added DWL file extension (transient AutoCAD lock files) to the default upload exclusion list
- Resolved the issue of upload windows opening while media files being downloaded
- Resolved issue of files not uploading after updating the file
- Resolved issue with opening files related to file association
- Added “Show in cache folder” context menu entry, visible on a file that was previously open.
- Icon overlay handlers - moved up in the Registry key priorities
- Added logging for sync monitor.
- Moved the sync log folder under the Windows log folder for all other apps.
Cloud Control Panel
- Added “View All Logs” button along with “View Sync Logs” button.
- Resolved the issue of opening files with bad associations
- Resolved the issue where cache monitor uploading, during downloads
- Resolved dual monitor window placement issue
- Resolved an issue with uploading of small or empty files.
- Removed the option to switch On/Off the “server realtime folder refresh” from the drive settings. The drive will always observe the server settings.
- Removed the realtime warning and the possibility to turn realtime off.
Cloud Drive Uploader
- Corrected the logged attempt count from 1 instead of 0
- Now on manual sync, all sync pairs are selected. A warning is shown that all sync pairs will be refreshed
- Removed the link expiration option when sharing a file or folder with a group or user
- Used the latest InnoSetup version to build installation files
- Resolved the Windows Explorer file copying issue, when cache is on a flash drive
- Increased the wait timeout for entering the file password from 15 to 60 seconds
- Added folder sharing and shared link pasting into the e-mail message
- Enabled the new feature (warning the users when enabling the MS Office AutoSave feature, that the file will only be saved to OneDrive and not to EFF drive) for Windows EFF Apps generated from the Apps Packager.
- Improved sync's handling of Windows file path length limitation
- Resolved upload issue caused by permissions propagation (folder inheriting read-only permission from parent folder)
- If Excel Add-ins are disabled from Excel Options, then on install of EFF Windows Apps, the SME Excel plugin will not be automatically enabled.
- Files do not expiry, if the the option Expire in is selected, when sharing a file with Business Groups (This feature is deprecated and will be removed in next release)
- Resolved issue with Excel files upload remnants in pending state
- Resolved issue with Excel file creation
- Resolved issue with files saving to drive after Office AutoRecover triggered its own save
- Cloud Drive logging is ON by default
- Users are warned when turning ON MS Office AutoSave for files opened from Cloud Drive
- Now the deletions from cache and cache cleaning are logged
- Resolved issue with file opening warning about a newer file existing in the cache
- Ensure no access violation errors occur in the cache monitor
MS Office Add-in
- Resolved issue with adding cloud comments from the SME Add-in for MS Office
- Added option to enable or disable “Unlock locked files automatically after 1 hour”
- Adjustments for StorageGRID and Wasabi storage providers
- By default, files are locked without expiry
- During setup the “Don't show thumbnails on network folders” option is turned off by default.
- M-Stream failed parts retried 3 times
- Improved M-Stream upload performance
- Resolved the issue where file size was reported as zero, when file timestamp received from the File Fabric is invalid.
- Now showing notification, when File Fabric returns extended versioning information.
- Uploader now shows a tray notification as well as message in the uploader window, when an upload fails.
- Resolved issue with M-Stream upload for OpenStack, when minimum file size for m-stream upload is set to 100mb in provider settings.
- Added search feature, available in the tray menu or in Cloud Actions context menu.
- Resolved the issue files appearing incorrectly as read-only.
- Resolved issue with MStream uploading when using more then 3 streams.
- Now using the same Setup engine, that is used to build the latest version of Cloud Apps.
- In this build the executables are not altered, if the icon is not customized.
Cloud Drive Uploader
- Resume failed and pending uploads when the connection becomes online.
- Resume uploads every 5 minutes.
- Resolved issue with save from the Photos app.
- Added support for using %LocalAppData% for default cache folder location, Previously it was %LocalAppData%\Temp.
Microsoft Office Add-In
- Added locking/unlocking for files open from Cloud Explorer.
- Added Lock/Unlock context menu entry
- Additional adjustments for High DPI
- Port number can now be specified for endpoint.
- Now checks whether the cache folder exists before trying to move it to the Recycle Bin when the Clear button is pressed.
- Added support for upload exclusion customization.
Microsoft Office Add-In
- Added locking ribbon bar button.
- Resolved issue with M-Stream upload and download.
- Resolved issue that caused uploads of file being downloaded in certain circumstances.
- Resolved issue of icons not visible in the cloud actions extension for Microsoft Office
- Removed deprecated “Share on Twitter” option from context menu
- Decrease the auto unlock time from 4hrs to 1hr for when user opens and closes file without editing.
- If the file to be edited is not downloaded by CloudEdit because already exists on the desktop, CloudEdit will still try to lock it.
- Added check to determine whether file is locked by current user before attempting to unlock.
- Check if user is allowed to lock the file before attempting to lock or unlock.
- Added the option to enable or disable starting CloudDrive when logging in to Windows.
- Resolved cache path expansion issue.
- Cloud Edit now supports locking. Files are locked on download and unlocked on save. (If files are opened but not saved then lock releases after 4 hours.)
- Server realtime folder refresh enabled (was disabled in 12.1.9)
- Resolved issue with Cloud Actions menu not loading.
- Resolved issue seen with sign in after install.
- Support for High DPI displays.
Windows App Packager
- Added support for “Delete files cached for more than X hours” and “Delete cached files larger than Y MB after upload”
- Resolved expanding of cache folder location when using environment variables in deployed packages
- Now supports mstream for download and upload. A license for this feature is required. Not available for SaaS.
- Realtime folder refresh is now determined by the server.
- Improvements to Windows Explorer when changing preview pane and thumbnail options.
- Resolved issue with overlay icons not showing due to third-party applications.
- Windows Explorer no longer downloads files on right-click. (Seen with Windows 10 version 1909)
- Windows Explorer no longer retrieves subfolders when looking for hidden files
- Resolved the freeze when pasting a file that doesn't exist in cache.
- Resolved issues caused by the lowered folder refresh timeout in the latest versions.
- Resolved issue of sometimes files not getting unlocked, by ignoring lock files (starting with '~$' or '.~lock.') that are present in the cloud.
Microsoft Office Addin
- Resolved issue with comments pane showing for new files that are not yet uploaded.
- Improved file lock/unlock handling
- Resolved issue of filename missing in uploaded log
- Support for PDF X-Change Editor on save
- Added app version to app start logs
- Updated SQLite library to the latest version
- Added support for Adobe Acrobat Pro XI upload after save
- Minimised memory use for items list in RAM cache
- M-Stream upload implemented
- Implemented overlay icon handler - showing icons in Windows Explorer for online and locally available items
- Resolved the issue of item duplication on refresh after external rename
- Set scheduled tasks to start from the time of setup, previously it would start at a specific minute, hour, day of the week.
- Resolved the issue of non-termination after schedule
- Set scheduled tasks random delay (for 15 minutes - 30 seconds, for hourly - 5 minutes, for daily - 30 minutes, for weekly - 1 hour).
- Minimised calls, to progress in order to resolve slow uploads on VMs.
- When creating a sync pair, the delete up and down are checked by default.
- Display the tray icons and the currently processed items (on mouse over).
- Changed progress reporting to non-event type
- Added support of installing OpenOffice/LibreOffice extensions on 64bit version
- Removed call progress events in the upload and download threads, in order to improve performance.
- Added additional logging.
- Extended folder listing timeout, for viewing large folders
- Warning notification, when performing expensive operations like move, rename etc.,
- Improved Office lock handling to avoid issues caused by aggressive OS caching temporary files.
- Correctly refresh Predefined Settings when navigating through packages
- Resolved the issue of restoring the drive letter in Predefined Settings, if it was removed by user
- Resolved issue with creation of the deployed pair's cloud folder
- Changed the dashboard icons color