Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
Backblaze is a leading provider of cloud backup and cloud storage services. Backblaze and Storage Made Easy have certified integration of Backblaze as a first class File Fabric provider.
Locating Endpoint and Access Keys
Backblaze B2 storage can be added to the Enterprise File Fabric using the Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage provider. You'll need three pieces of information:
- S3 Endpoint
- Application Key
- Application Key ID
From within your Backblaze B2 account:
- Select the App Keys page to create a key and obtain the endpoint. (The Master Application Key is not supported for S3 Compatible APIs.)
- Click on Add a New Application Key.
- Accept the defaults. You may restrict access to a particular bucket but if you do you won't be able to create new buckets using that app key.
Record for the next step.
- S3 endpoint
- ApplicationKey - Note this will not be accessible again.
From within the Enterprise File Fabric file manager navigate to the Dashboard and select “Add a provider”.
Choose the “Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage” provider:
- Enter the full S3 Endpoint prefixed with https, for example
- For the Application Key ID use the B2 keyID.
- For the Application Key use the B2 ApplicationKey.
The File Fabric will check the credentials and load the available buckets. Choose the buckets you wish to register with the File Fabric. This can be changed later.